Washington School 2 has always been on the corner of Bergen and Market Streets. It was first built with three floors and eight rooms as a public school in the city in 1872. In 1898-99, it was enlarged to 22 rooms. The Dundee Water Power and Land Company donated eight lots to the Village of Acquackanock. The city sold the school in 1950 to the Archdiocese for $50,000, and School #2 operated as a parochial school with only two floors for many years due to a fire. Today, once again, the two-story school is public, and the district is renting the facility. It is the only school still on its orginal foundation.