The first Passaic High School graduating class of eight students was in 1873 , thus marking the 125th anniversary in 1998. The graduates attended classes at the District School of Acquackanonk in a building in Armory Park.
The first Passaic High School, a red-brick building, was constructed (1886-87) at the corner of Lafayette Avenue and Bloomfield Avenue (later Broadway). In 1910, a second high school was erected across the street from the original building on Lafayette Avenue. This building served as Passaic High School until May 1957 when the present high school was built at 170 Paulison Avenue .