Lincoln School #4 was built in 1877 at a cost of $3,000, consisting of two rooms and being of frame construction. In 1894, a new Number Four School, which was a manual training school, was built across the street at Howe and Paulison Avenues. In 1895, a manual training school and a school kitchen took over the old Number Four. Lincoln Middle School, as it stands today at 291 Lafayette Avenue, was constructed in 1909-1910 with additions in 1959, 1975, and 1993. Mayor Paul DeMuro delivered the message to the community at the Lincoln Junior High School Number 4 dedication on Sunday, October 23, 1960.