Curriculum, Instruction & Professional Development
Deborah Hudzik, Ed.D. - Director
Yadira Mateo - Administrative Assistant
- Coordinate teacher workshops, in-services, and other opportunities for staff development.
- Coordinate graduate and undergraduate courses and reimbursement for staff members in conjunction with William Paterson University and New Jersey City University .
- Monitor 100-hour professional development requirement for all district teachers.
- Prepare annual district professional development plan.
- Oversee district teacher mentoring program.
- Liaison between William Paterson University and district professional development schools.
- Oversee the curriculum design, development, and implementation processes for all curriculum areas.
- Ensure that the State Core Curriculum Content Standards and its guidelines are implemented in accordance with State proficiencies in all content areas, and initiate or recommend program improvements as necessary.
- Ensure curriculum articulation among clusters and grade levels.
- Ensure curriculum articulation among the developmental, special education, bilingual, gifted and talented, and Title I programs.
- Oversee district Title II A & D and Title I professional development funds.
- In concert with community agencies and other departments, prepare grants for innovative projects such as dual-language (bilingual), technology, and after-school programs.
District Evaluation Tools
District Calendar 2012-2013
(The PD Calendar for Feb 4 may be found on pages 31-41)