Welcome To Mrs. Boto’s Bilingual
Second Grade Class!
A place to learn & reach your dreams!!!
The Student of the Week . . .
Complete name will be posted in the classroom.
Week Of October 8, 2012
Announcing . . .
News: We have started our rock collection.
Noticias: Hemos empezado nuestra colección de rocas.
Our class will focus on specific target skills in each of the curriculum areas that follow during whole group instruction, academic centers, and small group guided reading.
Language Arts Literacy Target skills:
Native Language – Spanish
Theme – Trees
Tema - Arboles
Destrezas de comprensión:
Letter / Letras
Ø Sound of /j/ spelled with j, g, x
ØEl sonido de la /j/ en las letras j, g, x.
Word Skills / Vocabulario
English Language Development & Social Studies Target Skills:
Theme –Social Studies: USA
Health: Nutrition, Feeling.
Identify features of illustrations in stories listened to.
ØRecognize short vowels
Ø verb "to be"
ØMoney / dinero
ØTally marks/ marcas de conteo
ØPatterns / patrones
ØNumber Stories / cuentos de
ØMinute Math Table +4
ØCounts on from any number
ØDevelop fluency with addition and subtraction facts.
Suma, resta, memorisar las tablas, contar desde cualquier números.
ØTeacher models/Students sketch with details the beginning of their story including character, setting, and action. Include labeling, visualization of body parts, clothing, accessories; surroundings; movement; weather/seasons.
ØUse upper case letter in the beginning of a sentence.
ØSeparate words in a sentence using two fingers.
ØUse a period at the end of the sentence.
ØStretch letter sounds in each word.
1. Open your folder and remove all the homework papers that the teacher has corrected. Keep these papers at home; do not bring them to school.
2. If you have the yellow envelop, make sure your parent checks it, signs the tests, and returns to school.
3. Study your vocabulary words for the week. Follow instructions in the cover of your phonics vocabulary noteboo.
4. Read and record the books in your Reading Log.
5. Complete minute math section.
6. If the teacher placed a worksheet in your folder, complete the work.
7. Return all homework assignments to the folder and place it in your book back for tomorrow.
What can you do instead of watching TV or playing video games ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
How about doing . . .
Your brain will thank you for it and you will learn more ! ! !