Passaic High School
We believe that education is desirable and necessary for all and our purposes should be to provide that educational opportunity for the young people in our community in accordance with their individual needs and abilities. Students should be guided and assisted in acquiring the desire to learn and to apply the knowledge gained.
Therefore, our program attempts to be comprehensive in scope, diversified in content and varied in degree of difficulty. We desire the following:
1. To provide learning situations which will challenge students and help them develop beyond their present levels of maturity.
2. To teach the students to think critically and to seek intelligent solutions to the problems they will encounter in a changing society and the effects of those problems on themselves and others.
3. To foster and instill in the students an interest, understanding, and appreciation of our American way of life and the heritage of all people.
4. To help the students to develop self-respect and to achieve social and emotional responsibilities as preparation for adult independence and stability.
5. To help students develop the use of leisure time and habits of health and safety that lead to mental and physical well-being and development.
6. To help students acquire the knowledge, skills, habits and attitudes which will enable them to realize their future plans and needs, regardless of whether they plan to work directly after high school or to continue their education.
7. To assist students in setting future goals that are realistic and attainable to guide their development toward these goals.
We believe this philosophy will enable the students to become competent and worthwhile both as individuals and as responsible citizens in our society.